AB Molecular’s bid for Lot 2 of the HealthTrust Europe COVID-19 Testing Framework Agreement has been successful!
- Comprehensive range of testing equipment, reagents, associated consumables and services for lab testing of COVID-19 included
- Molecular diagnostics multiplex syndromic respiratory panel and stand-alone SARS-CoV-2 kits available using the GenMark ePlex® system
- Third Party Quality Control material and SARS-Related Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) Culture Fluid accessible
UK – JULY 1st 2020
Framework Agreement for COVID-19 Testing – Call for competition: 2020/S 064-154330
Further to the notification of our award letter, in which AB Molecular was advised that HealthTrust Europe was observing a standstill under the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, HealthTrust Europe (“HTE”) formally accepted our contractual offer for Lot 2 – COVID-19 Laboratory-Based Testing of the new Framework Agreement.
HealthTrust Europe sought to establish a framework agreement for the supply of COVID-19 Testing equipment, consumables and related services. The framework was structured into two lots. The first lot would provide a comprehensive range of COVID-19 point of care testing rapid diagnostic testing products to include handheld devices, bench-top devices, connected and non-connected devices, as well as consumables, such as test strips and cassettes, and other products that can be properly described as point of care or near-patient testing for COVID-19. The second lot, which AB Scientific has been awarded, will provide a comprehensive range of laboratory testing equipment, reagents, associated consumables and services for lab testing of COVID-19.
All equipment and/or in-vitro diagnostic systems offered by AB Molecular, including the ePlex system from GenMark, and reagents and consumables fully comply with the relevant European medical, electrical, mechanical standards and directives, including:
- Conforming with the IVD Directive 98/79/EC and any other relevant European Directives
- Packaging complying with the relevant European Directives
- ISO 22870:2016 compliance for quality and competence
- ISO 15189:2012 compliance for laboratory diagnostics
AB Molecular is honoured to work with HTE on their continued effort in supporting the UK healthcare system in battling COVID-19.
Press Contact: Christopher Rawlinson, Group Sales Manager
Phone: +44 (0)7882 505 647
The ePlex® technology offers rapid pathogen detection alongside flexibility and ease of use to facilitate both laboratory and point of care applications. Currently available are the most comprehensive respiratory pathogen and blood culture ID panels of their kind, with new and exciting developments in the pipeline.